Rivers have been the vital solution for Humans, Animals, and of course Creatures that live in water. Many rivers serve a providing amount of water for industrial use and as well for daily usage water for humans and animals. Rivers and lakes are the only solutions where humans can take water for daily usage.
There are many countries that do have many rivers but today in this blog we are going to talk only about big rivers (600 miles or more) that play a vital role in their countries. Where if we are going to talk about small rivers then there should be many rivers that play a vital role.
Rivers are a valuable source of drinking water. These are the top 10 countries with the most rivers that are 600 miles long or greater.
So without being said other things let’s get started our top 10 countdown.
Top 10 countries with the most rivers :
10. Colombia – 6 Major Rivers
Colombia a South American country ranks 8th on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers. Talking about freshwater resources it has 2,132 Cubic Kilometre frashwater resources.
Amazon river also passes through Colombia country. There are 6 major rivers that play vital role in daily life o Colombian humans and animals.
These are 6 major rivers that play vital role for Colombia:
- Magdalena River (949.45 miles)
- Amazon River (3976.776 miles)
- Orinoco River (1398.085 miles)
- Rio Guaviare (930.19 miles)
- Rio Negro (1398.08 miles)
- Inírida River (807.78 miles)
9. Bolivia – 7 major rivers
Bolivia is a South African country and ranks 8th on our list of Top 10 countries with the most rivers. Mamoré River and Madeira River play a vital role in Bolivia. Madeira river joins with the Amazon river and has a length of 900.9 miles.
There are 5 major rivers that join Bolivia all over the way which include:
- The Mamoré River (1199.24 miles)
- Madeira River (683.50 miles)
- Rio Beni River (683.508 miles)
- Pilcomayo River (683.50 miles)
- Paraguay River (1674.59 miles)
- Rio Itenez O Guapore River (782.92 miles)
- Rio Madre De Dios River (836.98 miles)
8. Peru – 7 Major Rivers
World’s biggest river Amazon begins its journey in Peru which possesses about 4,000 miles in the majority of parts of Peru and other six South American nations.
Peru has 7 major rivers that include:
- Amazon River (4000 miles)
- Purus River (1839.2)
- Ucayali River (907.2 miles)
- Putumayo River (1000 miles)
- Marañón River (1079.3 miles)
- Juruá River (1926.2)
- Rio Madre De Dios River (836.9 miles).
So with 7 major rivers, Peru ranks 9th on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers.
7. Democratic Republic of Congo – 8 Major Rivers
Democratic Republic Of Congo is the second biggest African country that has 8 big rivers which include Congo – Chambeshi River. Congo River is 2,900 miles (4,700 km) long and ranks 9th in the list of top 10 biggest rivers in the world.
And in addition to it, there is one of the fascinating facts about the Congo River is that it is considered the deepest river in the world reaching a depth of 750 feet (220-230 meters) at its deepest point.
Other major rivers are:
- Nile (the largest river in the world with 4132.118 miles)
- Ubangi River (658.65 miles)
- Kasai River (1337.812 miles)
- Lualaba River (1118.468 miles)
- Uele River (751.80 miles)
- Lomami River (795 miles)\
- Aruwimi River (640.01 miles)
- Kwango River (1099.82 miles)
6. India – 8 major Rivers
Located in Asia India ranks 7th on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers. India is also known as the land of rivers.
There are many rivers that imitated as Hindu’s religious rivers which include:
- Brahmaputra River (2391.03 miles)
- Ganges River (1559.6 miles)
- Yamuna River (855 miles)
- Narmada River (815.2 miles)
- Godavari River (910.3 miles)
- Krishna River (869.9 miles)
- Sutlej River (900.9 miles)
- and lastly Indus River (1975.9 miles)
Indus River joins their countries that are India, China, and Pakistan. So India ranks 7th on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers.
5. Canada – 12 major rivers
With 12 major rivers, Canada ranks 6th on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers. Yukon River which is the biggest river in Canada is considered to be a major watercourse in North America.
Canada has approx 12 major rivers that includes:
- Mackenzie River (1079.9 miles)
- Yukon River (1982.1 miles)
- Saint Lawrence River (743.7 miles)
- Fraser River (854.3 miles)
- Ottawa River (789.7 miles)
- Columbia River (1242.7 miles)
- Liard River (692.8 miles)
- Churchill River (1000 miles)
- South Saskatchewan River (864.94 miles)
- Athabasca River (764.9 miles)
- Assiniboine River (664.8672 miles)
- Peace River (1194.897 miles) and many more.
4. Brazil – 24 major Rivers
With over 24 major rivers Brazil ranks 5th on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers. Talking about big rivers Amazon River plays a vital role in Brazil and 60% of the Amazon forest is in Brazil where the Amazon River crosses all along the way. South America’s second-longest river, the Paraná River plays a vital role for humans and fisherman.
Brazil’s major rivers includes:
- Amazon River (3976.776 miles)
- Paraná River (3032.29 miles)
- Rio Negro (Río Negro) (1398.08 miles)
- Madeira River (900.98 miles)
- São Francisco River (1758.48 miles)
- Paraguay River (1674.595 miles)
- Xingu River (1019.049 miles)
- Tocantins River (1522.359 miles)
- Uruguay River (1142.08 miles)
- Solimões River (1056.331 miles)
- Purus River (1839.25 miles)
- Tietê River (714.57 miles)
- Juruá River (Rio Juruá) (1926.25 miles)
- Japurá River (1265.11 miles)
- Iguazu River (820.21 miles)
- Putumayo River (1000.408 miles)
- Javary River (652.43 miles)
- Parnaíba River (869.9197 miles)
- Iriri River (683.5083 miles)
- Vaupés River (652.4398 miles)
- Juruena River (770.50 miles)
- Araguaia River (1186.819 miles)
- Mamoré River (1199.246 miles)
3. China – 26 major rivers
There are many rivers that play a big role in China from Chinese industries to humans and animals. In the East China Sea, the 3,915-mile-long Yangtze River is the world’s third longest river. Yangtze River has 50 bridges built on and has been using for industries for long years.
These are major rivers in China:
- Yangtze River (3914.63 miles)
- Yellow River (3395.17 miles)
- Mekong River (2702.96 miles)
- Yarlung Tsangpo (1764.694 miles)
- Huai River (689.72 miles)
- Amur River (1508.68 miles)
- Songhua River (891.04 miles)
- Grand Canal (1103.55 miles)
- Liao River (835.74 miles)
- Thanlyin River (1749.16 miles)
- Tarim River (820.83 miles)
- Hanshui River (951.94 miles)
- Xi River (1216.02 miles)
- Hai River (825.8023 miles)
- Indus River (1975.96 miles)
- Irtysh River (2639.58 miles)
- Lancang River (1329.11 miles)
- Jialing River (695.31 miles)
- Yalong River (822.07 miles)
- And many more
2. United States Of America – 28 major rivers
United States Of America has total of 250,000 rivers and 28 of them are bigger than 600 miles.
All of 28 major rivers MIssouri River is the biggest river in the US with a lenght of 2340.70 miles. And in this 28 major rivers Mississippi River is the second biggest river in the US.
These are the 29 major rivers in US:
- Mississippi River (2340.70 miles)
- Missouri River (2340.705 miles)
- Rio Grande (1885.24 miles)
- Colorado River (1450.28 miles)
- Columbia River (1242.74 miles)
- Ohio River (981.14 miles)
- Yukon River (1982.17 miles)
- Snake River (1078.079 miles)
- Arkansas River (1468.92 miles)
- Saint Lawrence River (743.78 miles)
- Red River (1360.18 miles)
- Tennessee River (651.81 miles)
- Yellowstone River (692.20 miles)
- And many more
US ranks 2nd on our list of top 10 countries with the most rivers.
1. Russia – 36 major Rivers
The largest country in the world Russia has 36 major rivers in the world. Lena River is the largest river in Russia by the length of 2668.16 miles. And other rivers are Irtysh River, Irtysh River, Yenisei River, Volga River, and many more.
These are the major rivers in Russia:
- Volga River
- Yenisei River
- Ob River
- Irtysh River
- Lena River
- Amur River
- Dnieper River
- Don River
- Kama River
- Oka River
- Reka Pechora River
- Kolyme River
- Angara River
- Indigirka River
- Tobol River
- Aldan River
- Ishim River
- Siverskyi Donets River
- Vilyuy River
- And list goes on..
So these all are the top 10 countries with most rivers.
Thanks for coming and spending a little time with us.