In today’s fashion era, luxury brands dominate the fashion market no matter how expensive their products are. Fashion lovers will surely enjoy using handbags from luxury brands.
The luxury handbag brands such as Gucci, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and many others have emerged victorious in their styles and are available to a wide market for different colors and designs.
There are tons of different styles of handbags that exist. Luxury bags are indeed expensive. Some of the brands on our list of top 10 luxury handbag brands 2022 are perfect to invest in.
If you have enough bank balance to invest in designer bags then don’t mind spending that money on other designer things.
The best handbag that comes to mind when it comes to designer pieces is Hermes Birkin, which costs between $20,000 and $120,000. A Birkin bag bought in 2020 for around $15K could be resold for more than $20K, depending on its size, condition, color, etc.
You can also find the Top 50 Luxury Handbag Brands List on our site to gain a deeper understanding of the topic.
For plenty of years Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Prada have all stood the test of time, and today I’m going to tell you about the top 10 luxury handbag brands you need to know.
Top 10 Luxury Handbag Brands To Invest In 2022
One of the oldest French-based luxury handbag brands Hermès was founded in 1837 by Thierry Hermès. It is one of the few luxury brands that have much of a charming place in the luxury fashion industry.
A rich heritage and tradition have made Hermès synonymous with quality, exclusivity, and craftsmanship. The beginning of making investment pieces of Hermes was started after the First World War.
During the span of 185 years, Hermès has established a strong reputation through handbags such as Hermès Birkin, Hermès Kelly, Hermès, etc.
Hermes handbags are more expensive, but they are also investment pieces, and some fashion experts and designers consider the Birkin Bag to be the best investment piece currently available in the luxury market.
Popular Hermès Luxury Handbags:
- Hermès Birkin: The Birkin bag is one of Hermès’ most iconic and famous handbags, inspired by Jane Birkin. A possible price range for the Birkin Bag is $20000 to $40000. Birkin Bag could give a return of 7-9% if according to conditions, color, size, etc.
- Hermès Kelly: When it comes to Hermès, then we can’t forget one of its iconic style handbags, The Kelly Bag. Some fashion experts consider it as Birkin Bag’s sophisticated and buttoned-up twins. It was named after Princess of Monaco Grace Kelly.
2. Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton is undoubtedly one of the most popular top luxury handbag brands in the world. You can guess its popularity because there are a lot of knockoffs and fakes of the brand in the market today, which makes it popular.
Founded by Louis Vuitton in 1854 it is a French-based luxury brand owned by the LVMH group. Since 1854 it has managed to make consistent quality goods be it ready-made clothes or fashion accessories.
Compared to the price range, LV bags are relatively well priced compared to Hermès and Chanel. They become popular because of their monograms print styles of handbags such as Louis Vuitton Neverfull, the Louis Vuitton Speedy, Louis Vuitton Alma, and many more to include.
Because of its consistent quality craftsmanship and some of the best investment pieces I’ve included it on our list of top 10 luxury handbag brands.
Popular Louis Vuitton Luxury Handbags:
- Louis Vuitton Neverfull: It was launched in 2007. Since then, it has become one of the most-selling handbag brands from Louis Vuitton. It is a lightweight and classic trapezoid-style handbag, and it was made for every type of handbag user, from working women to moms.
- The Speedy: Another best-selling handbag from the brand LV is LV Speedy. It came into existence in 1930 as the name Express. This bag was a radical departure for a company best known for steamer trunks and hard-sided suitcases. It is made of monogram canvas and is a soft-sided, unique style luxury handbag.
3rd on our list of top 10 luxury handbag brands is Chanel which is popular for its elegance and simple handbags, while brands on our list are popular for specific products, Chanel is equally known for their handbags, and ready-to-wear clothes, perfumes, and accessories.
Founded by Gabrielle Chanel in 1909 it has been providing consistent quilty goods over the years. In 2021 it has surpassed Hermes in terms of revenue.
Over the years it has become popular due to its classic style handbags including Classic 2.55 Flap Bag, Chanel Boy Bag, Chanel Gabrielle, and many more. Chanel is no doubt one of the Top Luxury Handbag Brands in 2022.
A Chanel handbag is an investment that is well worth the money. Among luxury fashion brands, I think the double C logo is the most simple and beautiful logo.
Popular Chanel Luxury Handbags:
- Chanel 2.55 Flap Bag: When it comes to the most popular Chanel handbag, Chanel Classic comes to mind. It features a famous quilted leather exterior, convenient pockets, and a chain strap. Etc.
- Chanel Classic: Similar to the 2.55 Flap style bag Chanel Classic features a quilted leather chain strap but comes in different style options such as diamond-quilted exterior, double flaps, and different color options.
- Chane Boy Bag: Introduced in 2011, the Boy Bag became a permanent lineup from Chanel. This Handbag features more rigid lines and makes for the perfect feminine style of the Classic Flap.
When it comes to luxury brands, we can’t forget to mention Gucci on our list. It has been a leading player in luxury industries for decades it has seen a big trend jump because of its 90s and 2000s trends.
Gucci bags have become iconic, featuring a double-G logo on many of their handbags. And more importantly, there are plenty of Gucci handbags offered by Gucci.
It is an Italian brand founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921, so it has been almost a century, yet it gives vibes of its historical heritage through its handbag lines.
Some of Gucci’s craftsmanship examples and popular handbags are Gucci Dionysus, Gucci Bamboo, Gucci Sylvie, Soho Disco, and many other luxury handbags. Currently, it offers luxury stores in 487 locations and is the highest earner luxury fashion brand of 2021.
Popular Gucci Luxury Handbags:
- Gucci Dionysus Bag: It combines New + Old style Gucci handbags. The Gucci Dionysus Bag combines classic and old-world vintage styles with a double G logo.
- Gucci Bamboo Bag: Gucci’s Bamboo bag features a unique style with a bamboo handle and a small size classic style with durable leather material. It has become famous through popular style icons Ingrid Bergman, Elizabeth Taylor, and Princess Diana.
- The Gucci Flora: It was originally designed by Guccio’s son for Grace Kelly. It featured an elegant style and small shape and was one of the favorites of fashion icon Grace Kelly.
Dior indeed comes first to mind when it comes to finding timeless and feminist-style handbags. Founded by famous French Fashion Designer Christian Dior in 1946, the luxury brand has managed to make space in the luxury industry.
One of the most popular style icons Princess Diana used to wear Dior products regularly. Most Dior bags are characterized by Signature Cannage topstitching, Dior charms, boxy silhouettes, and antique styles.
The brand has made space in the luxury handbag industry through its popular handbags such as Lady Dior Bag, Dior Saddle Bag, Lady D-Lite Bag, and many others.
As one of the leading luxury handbag brands on our list of Top 10 luxury handbag brands, I’ve included it at the 5th rank.
Popular Dior Luxury Handbags:
- The Lady Dior: Inspired by Princess of Wales Lady Diana, Lady Dior is no doubt the most popular Dior bag ever. It was launched in 1995 but became popular quickly. There is a variation for everyone in terms of sizes, colors, and hardware finishes.
- Saddle Bag: In the past Saddle bags were originally used to attach behind the saddle on a horse and bicycle. However in 90s Dior recreated style of the Saddle with its unique shape, size, and colors.
- Lady D-Lite Bag: Lady D-Lite combines elegance and beauty with the House’s vision. It features a ‘CHRISTIAN DIOR’ signature on the first. The silhouette is enhanced and illuminated by gold-finish metal ‘D.I.O.R.’ charms
Founded by Mario Prada in 1913 it has managed to make space and quickly become popular in the luxury world. Now only for their handbags, Prada is known for their product lines including ready-to-wear clothes, leather accessories, fragrances, etc.
In the beginning, Mario Prada sold leather clothes, but by the time he expanded to selling ready-to-wear clothes, leather accessories, fragrances, and more.
Wearability, functionality, and durability are all hallmarks of Prada bags. Besides Saffiano leather (which Mario Prada invented and patented in 1913), Prada also uses nylon. Their bags are usually simple and sleek – perfect for modern women.
Popular Prada Luxury Handbags:
- Nylon Mini Bag: Prada is famous for its Nylon bags. Nylon Mini bag is a 90s-style handbag known for its cute and convenient shape.
- The Galleria Bag: It features Soffiano Leather material which Mario Prada invented. This durable, waterproof leather handbag is a great classic, with its roomy interior and timeless structured design.
7. Yves Saint Laurent (YSL)
No. 7th on our list of top 10 luxury handbag brands is a France-based luxury brand specializing in fashion accessories, especially luxury handbags.
YSL was founded in 1962, and in this span of 60 years, the brand has managed to reach luxury customers with its popular handbags such as the Loulou bag, the sophisticated Sac De Jour bag that’s fit for any office day, and the trendy Rive Gauche tote bag.
Its classic, unique and elegant style makes it one of the most popular luxury brands in the modern era. Luckily, handbags from YSL are incredibly affordable within the luxury brand world. Most YSL bags are under $2,000, making them perfect for new luxury enthusiasts.
Popular Saint Laurent (YSL) Luxury Handbags:
- Loulou: Typically, a French word Loulou bag from YSL features a classic style similar to channel handbags. It is known for its stylish and classy quilted leather designs. It combines femininity and glamour with a signature chain strap to generate an elegant look.
- Sac du Jour: It is one of the most popular luxury totes in the fashion industry. YSL’s Sac Du Jour is the ultimate everyday-use luxury purse. This bag is an absolute classic due to its sleek lines and gorgeous smooth leather.
The dominance of French and Italy brands is always there to stay in the Luxury market. However, this English brand Burberry has made a special place in the Luxury market with its popular designer handbags.
It has managed to make reach luxury customers through its popular handbags including Burberry Pocket Tote, Burberry Lola Bag, Burberry Olympia Bag, and the list continues goes on.
England-based luxury brand Burberry was founded by a 21 years old boy Thomes Burberry in 1856 to offer leather items. However, as time passed, they specialized in ready-to-wear clothes, leather goods, cosmetics, fragments, footwear, and many more luxury items.
Currently, it manages over 421 stores worldwide in 59 countries. It is the only English brand on our list of Top 10 luxury bag brands .
Popular Burberry Luxury Handbags:
- Burberry Olympia: It is a small beautiful crossbody with a two-toned and saddle-shaped style with a front zipper pocket to give an elegant look. Depending upon size and color, this crossbody purse has multiple price options.
- Burberry Lola Bag: Available in plenty of colors, this Lola bag from Burberry is a crossbody style handbag with Quilted Lambskin material and a chain crossbody strap. It features a Burberry logo on the front and has a fold-over top.
As we have reached 9th on our list of top 10 luxury handbag brands we can’t forget one of the most popular Italian fashion Fendi.
It was founded in 1925 as a family-run leather store but as time goes when popular designer Karl Lagerfeld arrived in 1965 the brand started to manufacture its own product lines with his creative mind of him.
Thanks to the creative design of Fendi they have managed to make timeless and trendy luxury handbags. Over the years they have launched popular handbags such as the Baguette bag, Peekaboo bag, and the Sunshine tote.
The LVMH group currently owns Fendi and along with Dior and Tiffany & Co, it is one of the most profitable luxury brands owned by the LVMH group.
Popular Fendi Luxury Handbags:
- Mon Tresor: Fendi was one of the luxury brands responsible for bringing Bucket bags into the mainstream.
- Fendi Baguette: Many fashion experts and designers consider the Baguette bag as the first “it” bag. Designed by Silvia Venturini Fendi in 1997, the signature bag now comes in a wide range of colors, patterns, and details.
Founded by Hubert de Givenchy in 1952 it has received a special place in the luxury industry. Hubert de Givenchy was one of the most successful designers ever with his collection of separates.
Givenchy used the “casual chic meets aristocratic elegance” motto to promote their product. These luxury bags are known for their classic designs, high-quality material, and impeccable craftsmanship.
One of the most popular British actresses, Audrey Hepburn, and designer Givenchy had a compelling bond that impacted both the fashion and Hollywood industries.
Over the years, they have managed to make a place in the luxury handbag industry with popular handbags such as The Givenchy Antigona, The Givenchy Pandora, The Givenchy Nightingale, The Givenchy Horizon, and many others to include.
Popular Givenchy Luxury Handbags:
- The Givenchy Antigona: “it” bags are liked by celebrities and designers, and when it comes to “it” bags then, the Antigona purse tops the list for Givenchy. It was launched in Fall/Winter 2011 collection and quickly became a mainstream collection for Givenchy.
- The Givenchy Pandora: The Pandora luxury bag is more of a casual “it” bag for everyday use. Its convenient shape makes it perfect for today’s street style.
FAQs: Top 10 Luxury Bag Brands In 2022
What is the best luxury bag brand?
Hermès. According to some fashion experts, Hermès will be the best luxury bag brand in 2022. Because of its investment pieces and synonymous with quality, exclusivity, and craftsmanship, it will be one of the most popular luxury handbag brands in 2022.
What is the most luxurious bag?
Experts believe Hermes Birkin is the most luxurious and investment piece in the current luxury market. However, there are plenty of other modified bags with diamond or gold plates on the surface available in the market or sold in the auction.
Which bag brands are luxury?
1. Hermès, 2. Louis Vuitton, 3. Chanel, 4. Gucci, 5. Dior, 6. Prada, 7. Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), 8. Burberry, 9. Fendi, 10. Givenchy.
Which brand of handbag is the best?
The best brands of handbags are Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Dior, Prada, Burberry, and many more to include.
When it comes to luxury, you should keep your choice fully aware cause there is so much competition in the luxury market. You should also be mindful of some of the top brands for handbags in 2022 and should do more and more research on different types of collections from different brands.
You may visit again and read it a second time to get more clarity.
Thanks for visiting this blogpost 🙂 Recommended Posts: